
I took this photo today for the challenge on the pad....i know its a dandelion but it was the best one i took all day!!
The last couple of days ive spent hours trying to sort out tax and benefit issues...hopefully the respective departments will have my information...well i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
It is hard shattering a childs innocence.
Raena came home with a letter stating that the nurse was coming to school to discuss body changes, menstruation and hygiene....but if you didnt want them to attend then to let them know. Of course she didnt want to go and didnt understand what the letter was about so i had to explain it to her in simple terms....she was horrified. "blood...you know i dont like blood" was her exclamation....then to make matters worse
....i had to tell her that her dad had actually been cremated and that we were going to bury the ashes on sunday...she just sat there with tears rolling down her face saying that she didnt want to go.
bless her little heart i felt so sorry for her...to have shattered one illusion was bad enough but to shatter two it was just heartbreaking fror both of us.






5 comments:
What a very hard time this is for you. I hope you both have the strength to get through this all.
God Bless
Liz
xxxx
aww Hun thats awful ((( hugs ))) to you both. I am sure with your guidence she will come though ..so much better hearing these things from someone who loves you than to find out other ways .
XXX
((( Big Hugs))) Lemon.
I can remember feeling like that about my 'talk' at school. Actually, I didn't have a flippin' CLUE what they were talking about. And I couldn't even SAY the word "period" for years and years (even when referring to "we've got French during third period today") LOL LOL. It's a rite of passage...she'll be fine.
x
Lemon, you've done the right thing telling her now. Discovering some years down the line that what you'd been told wasn't true can really be upsetting and make you start to grieve all over again ...
Your strength and determination to get through this is admirable.
Kate xxx
HUGS to you both Lemon darling. Not sure what else to say, so just HUGS!
Post a Comment